Orthodontic treatment is becoming increasingly common as patients discover the long-term aesthetic and functional benefits of having their own natural teeth orthodontically straightened to minimise future dental needs and achieve confident smiles.
Braces and Orthodontics
There are two types of treatments
Fixed orthodontics: ceramic / metal brackets. These are fixed to the teeth with average treatment lasting about 2 years with/without extraction, resulting in a beautiful smile with a corrected bite.
Removable / clear orthodontics: Clearcorrect is one of the leaders in clear aligner orthodontic treatment. The transparent, removable aligners straighten your teeth by applying gentle pressure on key points throughout your smile.
If the idea of metal braces is standing between you and a straighter smile, Clearcorrect is a great alternative.
Clearcorrect (invisible brace)
Clearcorrect straighten your teeth with a series of clear, virtually invisible, computer-designed custom-moulded aligners. Invisalign uses breakthrough you’ve always wanted
Advantages of Clearcorrect treatment over metal braces:
- Nearly invisible: Clearcorrect aligners are virtually invisible. This means you can always smile with confidence, as compared to traditional braces where the wires and metal braces can be seen.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are made with SmartTrack flexible material, making is super easy to remove and insert, unlike braces which are fixed. Now you can enjoy your favourite food
- Better Oral Health: Since Clearcorrect aligners are removable, you can still floss and brush your teeth as per normal whereas braces may make it difficult for you to clean in between the metal brackets which can result in plaque accumulation and poor oral hygiene.
- Less pain: Smartstage and Smart force technologies are designed to. There will only be gradual and gentle yet effective teeth movement throughout your treatment, as compared to braces which may irritate and cause pain.
- Less doctor visits: Depending on the complexity of your case and with some Clearcorrect treatment options you may be finished in as little as six months. But you could start seeing results in matter of weeks
- Clearer time lines: Clearcorrect treatment allows you to visualise every stage of the treatment, helping to give you a clearer picture of the treatment duration. With brace your treating doctor will give an indication of approximate duration at the beginning of treatment.
Call Meadowbank Dental today to book in an appointment to have your crooked teeth checked. Your local dentist will recommend braces or an alternative treatment to straighten your crooked teeth and may refer you to an orthodontist who will perform the procedure.
If you have questions before your visit please contact us on 02 8057 1086or using the form below